Monday, August 20, 2007
- The special session would focus on transportation funding with a dedicated amount to finance bridge inspections repairs and replacements;
- Bonding for trunk highways, roads and bridges only, all other bonding to wait for 2008;
- Dedicating sales tax on leased vehicles to roads and transit;
- Flexibility for congestion-pricing and to reduce red tape;
- In re the gas tax: "A reasonable gas tax increase could be included as part of a comprehensive package to help achieve our goal of safer roads and bridges across Minnesota. It is my preference that all or some of any gas tax increase be temporary and be offset by a rate reduction in the lowest income tax bracket to help offset impacts on low and moderate income Minnesotans."
- There would be a limit on duration of the special session and agreement the agenda.
Yes, yes, it might.