Or thoughts while shaving (which reminds me, I'm still thinking about this razor
- if he's really known as Scalito, I'm down with Sam. A libertarian-tinged justice is the guy for me; in fact, I'll have nine of those with a side of fries. And unless there's another public choice seminar, that's the last you'll hear from me on the topic. I'm an economist, so who cares what I think?
- if I get off another week as good as these picks, I may have to set up a one of those 1-900 numbers. Particularly if Pittsburgh covers tonight -- and the line moving to -12 is good news. And in not-news, Flash and Foot were both 1-2 yesterday. BTW, I bet my first football game Saturday; thank you Buckeyes! Hugh, be sure to crow just a little.
- I have a new favorite person to watch football with: Littlest Scholar. We had a nice seat at Granite City yesterday. (Big ups for former student Travis and to the manager there for getting us a great table. The brunch, by the way, is awesome.) Her voice shouting at the Viking game was the funniest thing I have heard in years. Sidenote: If you are the dude who went to brunch and brought his laptop to watch your fantasy team's stats while you ate with who appeared to be your wife, please contact me. I want you in my league, and I need spousal training tips.
- the headline of the local paper today is "Senator Says Rove Should Resign". Not just an article -- the 32-font headline of the paper. No, no liberal bias in the not-ready-for-prime-time-media. I mean, really, Harry Reid wants Rove to quit? No kidding? That's news? Note to editorial staff at Times: The ghostbusters story was better.
- "...the CIA couldn't find its own weenie with both hands and a flashlight..." Score one for Mr. Indeed.