Monday, October 27, 2008
A Halloween decoration showing a mannequin dressed as vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin hanging by a noose from the roof of a West Hollywood home is drawing giggles from some passers-by and gasps of outrage from others. ...The CBS station with that picture and video here. This was sent to me by reader and friend Tony Garcia who asks some tough questions:
Chad Michael Morisette, who lives in the house, tells KCBS-TV that drivers and bus passengers have been stopping to snap pictures of the macabre scene.
Morisette says the effigy would be out of bounds at any other time of year, but it's within the spirit of Halloween.
He says "it should be seen as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary it's time to be spooky."
- Is it acceptable to put Obama on a noose "as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary it's time to be spooky"?
- What if you depict Obama as arising from flames, as if from hell?
- What would be the legal hell raining down under "hate crimes" and/or terroristic threats if one used Obama & Biden instead of McCain & Palin?
- Am I supposed to believe this is the group of supporters that is against "divisiveness"? These are the same people who I am supposed to believe are "tolerant"?
- Is this the kind of change we can expect should Obama win?