Thursday, May 19, 2005

What would we do without surveys? 

"New Graduates Worry More About Their Careers Than About Terrorism, Survey Finds." Maybe because they understand risk better. 32% said their biggest concern was going into debt (which makes me wonder, what about the other 68%?), and 31% cited unemployment, while only 14% said another 9/11 was their biggest concern. Interestingly, more than half feel the war on terror will extend beyond their lifetimes; more than two-thirds think another terrorism attack will occur in the US in the next five years. But they apparently understand odds.

An executive summary of the survey from the Partnership for Public Service is here.