There are plenty of recapitulations of the Minnesota Organization of Bloggers gathering at Keegan's Saturday night (I think Chad the Elder
is working on the definitive list), so I'll confine myself on a busy day to a couple of quick observations.
- At last, I got to see Matt Abe in a place other than the Capitol. Having him, Craig and his commented Clive, Flash and Purplestater from Centerfeud all together debating education reform after the show we did on it on NARN was special. It reminded me of rolling out of a grad seminar and arguing into the night at Walter's in Claremont with Afghan fries.
- Flash recollecting his time as Crump Farrell's student. Crump was a finance professor here and one of those who championed the marriage of finance and economics. A gruff guy every student loved who had him, feared by all who had not.
- The Big Swede is really big, and just as interesting as the Crazy Uke. Watching him and James try to sneak a Panter Mignon or a miniMac at the bar was also reminiscent of secret smoking in the past. (Was it cigars? -- ed.)
- David Strom is not even the brightest person in his own house. Margaret is now on the short list of people I want to have over to my last supper. I suppose he can come too.
- How many times do you get to leave the bar with the gal in pajamas? Another item off the checklist as we move towards my last supper.
- What in the hell do they put on roads these days? I woke up Sunday and backed the T-Reg out of the garage, and it had changed color to the spray on Captain Fishsticks' beard. It's getting a bath while I have lunch.