Thursday, May 15, 2003
The fairest way to start is to have large corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share.
- The wealthy and CEO's of large corporations got a free ride in the 90s.
- Everyone else has sacrificed already, but not the wealthy.
- The wealthy got most of the tax cuts, working families got the least.
- We need to start by closing corporate loopholes.
- Corporations have been paying a smaller and smaller share of state taxes.
- We need to restore tax rates on households making over $300,000 a year.
Dave Beal at the PioneerPress disputes a good bit of these claims. Class warfare lives in Minnesota! Special session is coming; stay tuned.