Wednesday, August 23, 2006
is out today, and the list has some things that make a guy feel old (a birthday that legitimately ends in a 9 comes next week for this professor.) Some items from the list.
1. The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.
8. They are wireless, yet always connected.
22. Mr. Rogers, not Walter Cronkite, has always been the most trusted man in America.
46. Public school officials have always had the right to censor school newspapers. (That's an odd choice!)
51. Michael Moore has always been showing up uninvited. (Now THAT's funny!)
56. They have never put their money in a "Savings & Loan." (Smiles from the money and banking profs! That's a whole lecture I no longer have to give.)
72. Richard M. Daley has always been the Mayor of Chicago.