Tuesday, November 22, 2005
- a dalliance between an administrator and a graduate student that allowed the former seven months of paid "sick leave" during which he was looking for another job;
- the same administrator ends up getting sued for harrassment and is demoted to a "backup job", in essence tenure for an administrator to a position paying $73,000 ad infinitum;
- chancellors of the campuses getting $700 a month in car allowances;
- a top-heavy system with 25% of employees classified as administrators;
- failure to fire three faculty members who wer convicted of various sex crimes;
- the Madison campus' health services running an ad for a "morning-after" pill featuring "a smiling coed in scanty beach attire" and encouraging students to "stock up on the pill before going on spring break and advised them that they could get the pill from campus health clinics over the phone without an appointment;"
- UW-Stout's decision, later rescinded, to ban ROTC due to the stance of the military on gays;
- and not mentioned in the article is the continued debate over Bible studies led by RAs at UWEC.
(h/t: reader jw)